Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A quick check-up

I went in to see my gyno today for my annual visit to get my "lady bits" checked, which conveniently coincided with going off the pill a couple of weeks ago.  I adore my doctor.  The woman is able to pop the speculum in, get the swab, and tell you you're done quicker than you can fold the crappy magazine you were reading, while swaddled in over-sized paper clothing, and pop it back in the rack.  I had some questions that I wanted to ask her in mind before heading over there - i.e. How long before my cycle regulates so that I know when to call you if it doesn't?  Anything in particular I should avoid eating/drinking?  Having confirmed that I'm not a crack addict, alcoholic, or chain smoker; I passed with flying colors when it comes to exercising regularly, eating balanced as much as possible, and general awareness of maintaining good habits.  She gave me a little warning to be mindful of certain fish that are heavy in mercury, and also suggested keeping away from super processed meats (i.e. deli meats and hot dogs).  She was nice enough to say that she doesn't really need to tell me to cut down on anything in particular seeing as I'm not really doing any of those things anyway.  Gold star please! 


It'll be about a week before I get my results from the blood work, but she isn't anticipating any deficiencies, especially considering I've been on a pre-natal vitamin for months already.  So, now that I've had my annual tune-up, let's hope everything else goes smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment