Friday, November 11, 2011

Round 2....

I know I haven't been on here much, and to be honest, all's been relatively quiet in the baby making zone...until this last week that is.  This last month was the cycle where we had the green light to get back on the baby train.  There was something very different about the 'trying' this time though.  Apart from anything, husband and I are back on the same sleep schedule now that he's found himself a job, and we've both been so much more relaxed in general.  He's been quite entertaining with his way of assuring me - i.e. "don't worry, I got you pregnant that time" and "so, are you pregnant yet?"

So, 12 days past ovulation (DPO), I figured that would be a good time to take a test...and ended up with a big fat negative.  I mean, seriously, the line didn't even flicker recognition.  Same goes for 2 days later (14 dpo), which was getting to be frustrating seeing as my temperatures hadn't dropped and my phone app was telling me that at this point, over 90% of pregnancies have been detected.  Freakin' great.  (A perfect example of how technology can be a little TOO helpful).  I decided I was going to wait until the weekend to test again until this morning, while husband was getting ready for work, I checked my temperature (still high) and lay there feeling just that tiny bit nauseous.  I figured I might as well test one more time (the advantages to having a small stockpile of tests on hand I guess).

Let me tell you that between being first-thing-in-the-am bleary eyed, and the line that could hardly call itself a line, I almost missed the positive result.  Seriously, it took me checking under the bathroom light, opening the window for natural light, and then taking the test into the bedroom to check by my table lamp, before I was 100% sure I wasn't seeing things.  Sure enough though, squinting and in the right light, the line was definitely there, albeit really pale.  Morning brain decided that the line wasn't conclusive, so got dressed to go to the gym, fed the cat, and got ready to leave.  That's when I had a sudden panic attack that it was an evaporation line that I saw and not a positive test line at all.  Now I had to run back upstairs, pull out another test, squeeze out whatever tiny bit of pee (sorry, TMI) was left in my bladder, and test again.  The cat decided that the test looked very interesting and was deserving of a good sniff, which made the wait go by faster at least.  Sure enough, there was a positive line.  This was strangely unexpected to me, the skeptical one who has spent the last week convinced that there's actually something wrong with my cycle and no fucking way could I possibly be pregnant.  Husband, on the other hand, is now convinced that he has super sperm given his propensity to get me knocked up quickly.  I may be inclined to believe him. 

It's not like last time - no real symptoms, no signs, plus of course the late positive test.  I'm not peeing all day, or complaining that my boobs hurt, or eating like a total pig.  I guess my sense of smell has improved somewhat, a little bit of fleeting nausea, and I've been irritable as shit all week.  Then again, it's early in the game so who knows what's to come.

A quick call to my doctor and he's sending me in for blood tests to make sure my hormone levels are rising as they should.  I'm sending out positive vibes to the little seed that's planted in my uterus.  We desperately want you to stick around.

[By the way, I have been using the tests you can get at the Dollar Tree.  They work just fine and don't make you feel financially guilty if you happen to be a habitual tester.  For some reason I was getting a late positive this time around, but last time they had me with a positive the day I missed my period.]

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Amazing! Congrats and best wishes for the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete