Thursday, July 7, 2011

So cute!

Weekend before last, husband and I took a trip to visit my brother and husband's parents.  My brother works at a fancy schmanzy restaurant in Vegas, which works out well for me because I get to seriously overeat on some of the most decadent fine-dining....for free.  I was just thankful that I haven't suffered from any food aversions as yet, because I was happy to scarf down all the food that was put in front of me. 

Eating out at my brother's restaurant is really one of those psuedo-celebrity experiences.  All the staff come to by introduce themselves, and take extra care to make sure that you're satisfied with your meal.  After all, I'm the sister of one of the boss men, therefore they don't want to risk messing something up.  This time around though, he'd informed several members of his staff that I'm expecting and as if I didn't already feel spoiled, this made it even worse!  There were various rounds of congratulations from various different servers, and managers, and then to top it off, my dessert arrived.


First, my hormones got the better of me and I started to tear up at just how freakin' cute my little brother can be.  Then, after the server had retreated from the table, I immediately stuck my spoon in it, before remembering "oh crap, I need to take a picture".  [I guess part of the moral here being to not get between a pregnant woman and her creme brulee.]

My brother meanwhile shrugged and said "what can I say? I'm a proud uncle." 

1 comment:

  1. I'd cry too!! (this is Maryfs from Due in Feb Ravelry group)

    ReplyDelete