Monday, September 12, 2011

And I'm back

It's been a while since I posted but it's time to return.  Things are finally starting to settle down.  6.5 weeks after my surgery, and I had my first period.  I don't know if I've ever been so happy to see my period arrive!  I've started charting my temperature again, just to make sure that everything is doing what it's supposed to.  I'm also enjoying the forbidden fruits - deli meats, sushi, alcohol.  We even have a trip to Las Vegas booked (seeing as pregnant Vegas isn't much fun).  You get the picture.

In other news, husband got a job.  The company made a push to remove his temp contract early, so now he's soon to be making a nice salary with benefits and perks.  He's also gone back to school, working on his accounting degree.  I couldn't be happier for him - after the 2 solid years of unemployment, he deserves to finally have a job that he likes and goes to work every day knowing he feels appreciated.  I tell him that we'll even have enough in the budget for day care, when the time comes.  We bought a new couch yesterday and my heart melted just a little bit when he told the salesperson that we wanted something both child and cat friendly.

So, things are looking up.  We made it through one of the hardest things we've ever had to endure, and we're happy.  I'm finally feeling like I can talk about what happened, and telling my two best girlfriends was such a weight off my shoulders.  I'm both nervous and excited about trying again, but the timing is so much better this time around and I remain optimistic that we have a beautiful family in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment