Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Somebody's watching me....

Several weeks ago, I randomly received a copy of "American Baby" magazine in the mail.  I'd only just gone off the pill, so I found the timing to be pretty coincidental (and of course pretty cool because, hey, free magazine).  A couple of days later, the Gerber coupons arrived.  I couldn't quite tell if husband found this to be amusing or utterly disturbing - even after my insistence that I hadn't gone completely psycho baby-crazy and started signing up for random baby things online.  He put it down to data mining and internet cookies.

Then, yesterday, the final whammy arrived in the mail.  I got a nice little postcard from my health insurance company telling me about their new program for expectant mothers.  It's a free program with a 24-hour hotline to speak with a nurse during the course of the pregnancy, in addition to reading materials for various stages of pregnancy, an immunization calendar and a host of other things to promote a healthy pregnancy.  It said to give them a call to enroll as soon as I'm pregnant.  I personally think the program sounds great, but how did my health insurance know?  Granted, I saw my doctor for my annual exam, and pregnancy was discussed at the time, but did she give them a full report, or are they just making assumptions based on my age and the blood tests she ran? 

I'm starting to think that somebody implanted a bug in my brain that's transmitting signals to third parties indicating that it's baby time...

No comments:

Post a Comment